Job ID: 18143
Date Position is Available: Fall 2023
Application Deadline: 9/22/2023
Company: University of Massachusetts Amherst
Department: School of Public Policy (SSP)
Title: Assistant Professor/Public Policy and Management – School of Public Policy
SPP invites applications for a tenure track faculty position at the level of Assistant Professor, expected to start on September 1, 2023. The successful candidate will contribute to SPP’s growing programs and community of programs, students, staff and faculty by building our interdisciplinary and community-engaged research and teaching agenda. Areas of interest for the search include:
- public and nonprofit management
- state and/or local government
- policy or management approaches to inequality
- climate, energy, and/or environmental justice policy or management
- social enterprises and new organizational forms for the public good
- comparative and/or international policy or management
- public and nonprofit budgeting and/or finance.
Competitive candidates’ research will reflect an intersectional approach including but not limited to race, gender, sexuality, and migration. Candidates should be able to teach required courses in the undergraduate and master’s programs and contribute specialized courses in their areas of expertise.