The Department of Sociology at the University of Washington invites applications for an Associate Professor position with tenure. Please visit the announcement here: https://ap.washington.edu/ahr/position-details/?job_id=100929 .
Positive factors for consideration include, but are not limited to:
- a strong record of scholarly accomplishment
- research interests that complement areas of departmental and university strength
- effective undergraduate teaching and graduate training
- demonstrated leadership in departmental service
- active engagement in professional, university, and community life
- a demonstrated commitment to the promotion of diversity, equity, and inclusion
The position will begin on September 16, 2023, and is full time with a 9-month service period. All University of Washington faculty engage in teaching, research, and service. Both the University of Washington and the Department of Sociology are committed to creating a community that embraces and benefits from the diversity of its faculty, staff, and students. Successful applicants should be able to thrive in, and contribute to, this environment. Therefore, application materials must include a separate statement that describes how you will contribute to creating an inclusive, equitable and diverse department. Complete applications will include:
- curriculum vita
- cover letter
- a description of research plans
- a statement of teaching, including a description of teaching approach and evidence of teaching effectiveness
- a statement of diversity contributions
- three samples of recent scholarly work
Candidates selected during the initial round of review will be contacted to provide a list of three professional references. All material should be submitted to http://apply.interfolio.com/111604.
The review of applications will begin on October 15, 2022. However, the position will remain open, and applications may be considered, until the position is filled.
Please contact Fatema Mookhtiar (firstname.lastname@example.org) for any questions about this search.